G6 vs newest sensors: Real difference in high ISO noize

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Øyvin Eikeland
Forum MemberPosts: 89Gear list
Like?
Re: G6 vs newest sensors: Real difference in high ISO noize
In reply to texinwien, 9 months ago

texinwien wrote:

Addendum: and keep in mind that the DR / SNR numbers are calculated based on optimum exposure (to the right), and not based on exposing to the camera's meter. If you expose to the camera's meter with the E-M5, you'll underexpose by about a stop, and the resulting DR will be lower than the maximum possible DR had you exposed optimally to the right.

Ok,

please disregard the "unfair" statement. My only agenda is to try to understand how to interpret this. I want to iterate on your last point: "If you expose to the camera's meter with the E-M5, you'll underexpose by about a stop, and the resulting DR will be lower than the maximum possible DR had you exposed optimally to the right." Now we are getting somewhere. Can you tell me how to calculate how much less the DR would be? Take this point for example:

Measured ISO: 5953

Manufacturer ISO: 12800

Dynamic Range: 7.5Ev

thanks,

ØE

Øyvin Eikeland's gear list:Øyvin Eikeland's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow