ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JunzInc
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?
Interesting Read: DXO Best lenses for the 20-MPix Sony Alpha A3000
5 months ago

My Fellow members,

I was looking at this article from DXO and it was interesting to note that the Sharpness score for a lot of the lenses tested on the Lowly A3000 with a 20 Mega Pixel Sensor was higher than the corresponding Sharpness score on the NEX7 with the 24 Mega Pixel Sensor. For e.g. Look at the Sigma 60 which scored 18Mpix on the A3000 while it scored only 16Mpix on the NEX7.

Is this due to the fact that the sensor in the A3000 is a newer generation sensor with better design that it gave sharper results from the same lens in spite of having a lower Megapixel sensor?

Usually what I have seen from DXO results are that lenses score more sharpness score on a sensor with more mega pixels than the one with lower mega pixels.

http://www.dxomark.com/Reviews/Best-lenses-for-the-20-MPix-Sony-Alpha-A3000-Primes-and-Zooms/Best-prime-lenses-for-the-Sony-Alpha-A3000

Going by this, I hope the latest sensor on the A6000 can deliver sharper results from the existing lenses.

Regards

JM

JunzInc's gear list:JunzInc's gear list
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Corel PaintShop Pro X4
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow