Regular MemberPosts: 336
Like?
Re: J3.Is it any good ?
In reply to diverroy, 4 months ago

diverroy wrote:

Thanks for the info

-- hide signature --

Diverroy

I strongly recommend that you think about the output devices, i.e., print and display media, that you will be using to view the photos that will come out of the camera. Download some J3 (or V2, which uses the same sensor) photos that are representative of the types of photos that you take and view them the way you typically view your photos. I didn't do this before I bought my J3, by the way.

My comment about the ISO performance of the J3 earlier in this thread was specific to the output devices that I use for my J3: 6x4-inch color prints, a 24-inch computer display, and a 52-inch digital TV set, all viewed at normal viewing distances and full-screen for the digital displays, i.e., no pixel-peeping. For 6x4 prints, the J3 works just fine, but so do good-quality point-and-shoot type cameras such as the Canon S120 or the Nikon P340, but for my digital display devices and for my taste, there is too much chroma and luma noise below the mid-tones even at lower ISO settings. Your personal taste is ultimately what matters most.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow