Pull the trigger or wait? D800

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
foto2021
Regular MemberPosts: 270
Like?
Re: Pull the trigger or wait? D800
In reply to Metaxzen, 8 months ago

Metaxzen wrote:

I've been dreaming of buying a D800 for a while now but I am terrified that a new, better version will be coming out soon. Has anyone heard anything on when an update to the D800 might be coming? I'd rather wait 6 months and get the next best thing... Thoughts?

I think you should wait until the D900 arrives with 48 MP, 17 stops of DR and ISO up to 800,000. In the meantime, don't shoot any images because you will be wasting your time with inferior equipment.

Make sure to be an early adopter of the new D900 so you can help Nikon sort out the inevitable teething problems. Of course this will mean paying top dollar for the camera and facing a huge drop in value as the street price drops to at least 20-25% below SRP.

Then make sure to be first in line to buy the D910 which will have sorted all the teething problems of the D900, especially the shutter assembly which helps to keep the sensor lubricated.

On the other hand, why not buy a new or refurbished D800 and enjoy your photography?

Photography is about what you shoot, not what you own.

-- hide signature --

Colin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow