Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ultradan
Regular MemberPosts: 189
Like?
What would you do?
5 months ago

Ok So I shoot water sports (from the water) I'm currently using a 1Dmk2 and love many of the attributes of it - frame rate, build quality etc. I find the image quality is quite a way off where I want it to be in anything other than perfect light.

So I am trying to figure out if I could live with either a 5D2 or a 6D, these camera's image quality is excellent and high iso also .

With regards to the autofocus of these two I can obviously see that they will be nowhere near the 1D and also the frame rate, but I believe I can live without the frame rate in most circumstances.

Would people here recommend one over the other? how bad is the 6D autofocus?

One thing I didn't mention is that I usually shoot using the centre point focus in AI Servo mode (as I was under the impression that that is how you acquire targets - off the centre point before it hands over to the assists) - how do these cameras go in AI Servo?

Or should I just wait and save for a 5D3 for it's excellent AF?

Oh yeah I have a 5DC - is this closer to how the AF on these camera's behave?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow