Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nikonman46
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon and D600 dust and oil
7 months ago

I have had a D600 since July last year and recently it has shown signs of the Dust/Oil problems

having investigated what others had experienced with the same camera and what success the had had with Nikon and serving I decided to see what Nikon said in the US they would service and change any defective parts.

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/01/27/nikon-is-replacing-some-d600-cameras-with-new-d610-models.aspx/

I have emailed Nikon UK but their response was very guarded and simply told me to use a blower on the mirror, they made some excuse that the D610 was not a replacement but a new camera due to the demand of a faster shutter speed! No mention that the shutter mechanism had been changed to get rid of the problem in the D600!

Not satisfied with this I phoned them and was told that i needed to send my camera back to them and they would inspect it, no mention of what they would do to rectify the fault.

Stymied again, Nikon seems not to want to admit the fault at all. Not much good if I decide to px it for a latter model sometime:-x

So packing my unit off to them tomorrow and see what happens

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600 Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow