Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 3,423Gear list
Like?
A7 Experience meets A-mount
8 months ago

Kenmore Camera north of Seattle is hosting the A7 Experience tour. Part of it is a photography contest where you use and A7/A7R with any lens, even ones you bring, to shoot a model and/or the set they have created. The set is cheesy pretend outdoor scene.

I had brought a couple of props for ideas I had. But you can't add to the scene.

The lighting is very average LED panels, plus store florescent light. Again limited

The other limit is the FE mount lenses. Fast lenses they had were too wide for regular portrait work, and zooms are too slow at F4 for any good DOF

I had anticipated this so brought my Minolta 100mm 2.8 and put it on an LEA4

Its not a bad little camera.. and they were giving $200 off for any old junky camera. But I am not buying right now. I will say that the camera with the adapter actually felt pretty well balanced and good in the hand.

Two highlights:

• I heard the Sony Rep say "and we are also continuing the SLT line too"
  • The model who has been with the tour up and down the West Coast. After seeing the my final set of shots told me I was a really good photographer and she would love them for her portfolio. Since I brought my own card I can let her have some.. she gave me her contact info and also expressed an interest to do some TFP work when she is in Seattle next time. Old Dude Ego totally inflated
    [This led to other actions, full disclosure to wife of my possession of a model's contact info for professional reasons only, and flowers to tell my wife she is a REALLY GOOD WIFE]

This is one of my outtakes just to give you an idea of the set.. and to make the post much nicer to view..

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Nikon 1 J1 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro +5 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow