How can you adjust jpeg compression in Olympus O-MD E-M1?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Don Boethel
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
Re: How can you adjust jpeg compression in Olympus O-MD E-M1?
In reply to Strawberry Pie, 8 months ago

I shoot the Olympus OM-D E-M5 and I shoot in RAW only. I process my RAW files in DxO Pro9. After all my adjustments are made, I export the files back to my original directory. DxO gives you the option of different types (jpeg, tiffs, or dng.) I use Jpeg and they allow you to set your compression level. I save mine as 100%. DxO has updated their software for the OM-D E-M1, however, you have to purchase their "Elite" version of their product for your camera. With the E-M5 I am able to use their standard version which is cheaper.

You can download a fully operable copy of their software free for 30 Days. You can go to their website and view some of their tutorials. I also use Adobe CS6 to put so final touches on some photos but I like DxO's raw converter better than Adobe's. DxO Pro 9 is slower than Adobe but this is a hobby for me and I'm retired so in theory, I have plenty of time. I have recently purchased the E-M10 also and am waiting for DxO to update their RAW converter for that.

One other thing I like about DxO is the fact that they have created modules for most camera bodies and lens combinations. You can download these from their site into the software and it automatically Make corrects for some of the lens faults. If you try a new camera body and lens combination that you have not used before, it will notify you and give you the option to download it before you continue.

Good luck............

-- hide signature --

DobB10

Don Boethel's gear list:Don Boethel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow