Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Meuh
Senior MemberPosts: 2,088Gear list
Like?
Wow, k5 v dp3m
6 months ago

This is 100% crops and tbh a fairly quick test (which I redid because of the results thinking I had miss focused even though I used Live View) from my k5 and sigma dp3 I just got today.
I mounted a Fa 50mm f1.7 onto the k5 and shot it at f5, I shot the dp3m (Fixed 50mm) at f5 too.

I even re did the test using my da* 50-135 and while it looked a bit better than the Fa50 it was still FAR away from the sigma.

I'm both super happy and sad at the same time, happy that getting the dp3 seemed like the right move for a major IQ upgrade (with lots of usability downgrades) but sad that my k5 which I though had amazing IQ is no match for the little dp3 which I got for £340.. or really £260 as I was given a £80 gift voucher for srs ages ago.

Meuh's gear list:Meuh's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pentax K-5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +3 more
Pentax K-5 Sigma DP3 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow