Retina Macbook Pro (late 2013) -- Iris Pro or Iris Pro + Nvidia GT750M (mostly for Lightroom)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
turnstyle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,571
Like?
Re: Retina Macbook Pro (late 2013) -- Iris Pro or Iris Pro + Nvidia GT750M (mostly for Lightroom)
In reply to tarzan1234, 6 months ago

tarzan1234 wrote:

Shutter Crazy wrote:

PS filters, plug-ins (Nik, OnOne, Alien Skin) work faster, load and save files much faster. PSD files open and close after changes much faster. Basic PS functions like adjustment layers, masks, are not noticeably different. These are observations from use. Did not use the software you've asked about.

I think the difference in performance has more to do with the fact that the 15" rMBP has a quad-core CPU which in some PS tests, can be almost as fast as some desktops, including the new Mac Pro. I wouldn't care much about the graphic card if I don't do video, 3D rendering or gaming.

Do you think there are any *downsides* to having the Nvidia card?

Meaning: iit is possible having only Iris Pro would be preferable to also having Nvidia?

If the price is the same either way, are there any reasons to choose it with only Iris Pro?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow