Spectacular downsizing odyssey GH3 -> XS1

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
brentbrent
Contributing MemberPosts: 836Gear list
Like?
Re: Spectacular downsizing odyssey GH3 -> XS1
In reply to John.Laninga, 5 months ago

I got an insurance rider on my homeowner's policy to cover all my camera gear before I took a family trip to Maui last year, and that has given me a lot of peace of mind.  It covers theft, loss, breakage, and not very expensive.

As for not interfering with family time, my family has gotten used to photography being an important part of it for me, and I figure it's my responsibility to make sure it doesn't completely overwhelm our time together (hmmm, maybe I need to ask for feedback on how well I'm doing on that point!).

So all in all, it would have to be a very unusual circumstance before I'd choose not to take MFT gear on a trip.  I just went on a two-night  backcountry hut ski trip and went a bit overboard with four pounds of gear in my backpack: GX7, 14mm, 20mm, Oly 45mm, 45-140mm, and 7-14, bag, extra batteries, etc.  I should have left the 7-14 at home, but I used all the rest and was glad to have it.  The results beat the crap out of the photos from the last ski hut trip I took, when I just took my S90.

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow