nifty 50 equivalent under $200?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,921
Like?
Re: nifty 50 equivalent under $200?
In reply to techiecool, 8 months ago

techiecool wrote:

The nifty 50 has been around a long long time allowing economies of scale to push priced down. And add larger sales volumes and the nifty 50 is cheap. Id imagine in 3-5 years of continued growth that could be achieved.

That lens is also known as the 'plastic fantastic' in the Canon forums. Nobody will claim that it is pro-level, and some turn up their noses at the plastic construction, but if you stop it down just a bit it's actually respectable, and I've not seen threads about how the economical plastic construction has resulted in any problems. Manually focusing it is possible but the movement is a bit sloppy, I just AF with it anyhow

I won't post a non-m43 pic here but this is a favorite of mine I took with that lens:

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/8451701533/photos/1697390/carson-s-first-bath-at-home-no-like?inalbum=baby-pics

Every camera brand should have a lens or two that's a bargain. I've seen these go for $80 brand new. Hopefully techiecool is right and eventually a similar bargain will come along for m43.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow