ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pkokity
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Noise, artifact, and CA question
9 months ago

Hi Everyone.

I am just getting back into photography. Took film classes back in high school (circa 1990). Anyway, I have posted questions to help me decide between the slightly better image quality of the K-5iis and the more refined k-3. Here is my new question:

K-3s apparently have a little more stuff popping up in the images due to higher resolution. Imaging-resource.com has good examples of it. Does the quality of lens/glass affect the amount of noise and artifacts or does that have more to do with the sensor, processor, and software?

I know that coatings and anti-dispersing (whatever the correct term is) lens help reduce CA but what about aperture?

Sorry if this is a digital photography 101 type of question, but I am sure everyone on here has been at this point sometime in their life. I am not sure where to find the best answer so I am posting it on here. Hope to get some good experienced answers. It looks like what pops up in the K-3 is easily cleaned up with software but I would prefer to just buy the right equipment. Maybe I am just old-fashioned and not up to date with the digital age. I rather spend more time taking pictures than sitting in front of a computer cleaning them up.

Please keep replies about the question and not which camera to buy. Way too many hours on the computer researching the cameras and reading this forum.

Thanks for your help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow