Take the x100s or the 23mm 1.4 with XT1 or XE2?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johncecilian
Regular MemberPosts: 277Gear list
Like?
Take the x100s or the 23mm 1.4 with XT1 or XE2?
6 months ago

I am taking a trip and want the 35mm equivalent for walk around and wondered which would be better to take, either the X100s or the 23mm 1.4. I am taking the XT1 and the XE2 anyway, but figured that I wouldn't need to take the 23mm 1.4 if I had the x100s since obviously it would cover the 35mm field of view and good to have. But....I thought I would take a look and see which was better IQ if at all and so did a NON-scientific comparison, just used same aperture, same JPEG settings, both set to macro, same everything and here is what I got:

23mm 1.4 at F2 on a XT1

X100s

It seems to me that the prime lens is better than the x100s at the same aperture, and I will also note that I took a photo with the 23mm actually at 1.4 and it is great at that aperture as well. I think I answered my own question, but wonder if I am doing something wrong...shouldn't they be pretty identical with the same parameters? Hopefully someone will weigh in. Thanks

johncecilian's gear list:johncecilian's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +5 more
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow