Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mdb1986
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
EOS M vs NEX 6?
4 months ago

I have an EOS M and really like it pretty well - especially the fact that I the body, the 22mm, 18-55mm, speedlite flash, and 4 year squaretrade warranty for under 400.  But, there are a few features I think I'd like in the Nex6.  The EVF, tilt screen, and wifi would be nice to have.

I went down and handled a NEX6 last night and must admit miss the great touchscreen on the M, and the Nex6 almost feels "cheap" in comparison.  I guess it's just a matter of the amount of metal in it, not necessarily a reflection on the camera.

From what I've read, the "cheap" lenses on the Sony Nex6 are nowhere near the quality of the cheap ones on the M.  I'm sure there are some really good Nex6 lenses, but they are awfully pricey.

Anyone with experience between the two?  I don't really want to go full frame DSLR - love the light sizes, but maybe I should consider.  Just such a huge difference in size and price - and to be honest, I'm not sure I'm serious enough about professional photography to really enjoy it.  I want to explore the world and avoid having to carry around a camera bag that weighs half as much as I do.

Many thanks.

mdb1986's gear list:mdb1986's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow