G1X Mk2 - First sample images ... (PICS)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
c.hammett
Forum ProPosts: 11,585Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I getting one? My reasons for "not" ...
In reply to krugman, 9 months ago

krugman wrote:Hi, Carolyn,

So good to hear from you! My own thinking is similar to yours: I was mainly awaiting a built-in EVF. Not having one in the G1X Mark 2 is a big disappointment for me.

Speedier focusing is another requirement I have for a successor or supplement to the G1X.

The lack of inward turning LED is also a negative for me.

So the G1X Mark II has little interest for me. The faster lens is unimportant to me, and the extended zoom range is not of particular value to me.

The best upgrade from the G1X I have found so far is the Fuji XT1, but it its heavier and expensive, so I am still thinking about it.

I am curious: how do you get such rich beautiful colors in your travel photos with the G1X? How do you set your camera for this? I am fully of admiration and envy,

Best regards,

HI Krugman -

Thanks for the nice compliments. I have had great luck with the G1X and use it mostly on trips in museums, cathedrals and often at night for stills, (outdoor lit sites), when we go out for dinner in the evening, as I am stick of carrying two cameras by that time.  (SL1 is my other trip camera).  I have no problem with either the G1X or the SL1  in low light.

As for colors, I keep it simple...On the G1X  I use "custom color" in the "set" menu, and bump up sat. and contrast and sharpness one notch.  That's it.  I try to use auto W/B, but often change that as needed.   I seldom do much PP on G1X images.

It would be nice to have faster shutter response on the G1X, , but most of my photography is "still", so not a big deal, and I bought the SL1 precisely for using on street grab shots and that kind imagery that does require instant response. So between those two cameras, I have exactly what I need, since I've kind of had to sideline my much loved 7D / 24-105 for travel, due to joint replacement in both wrists.  I can't fault these two smaller cameras for my uses !

Hope this helps ???

Cheers - carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ha!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow