ND Filter issues on Nikon D800 and 24-70 - please help. check images.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
soloryb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,017Gear list
Like?
Re: ND Filter issues on Nikon D800 and 24-70 - please help. check images.
In reply to Mitrajoon, 5 months ago

Mitrajoon wrote:

Could you site a reference on the light leak issue with the 24-70? I've never heard of that. I'd like to know more about it and what Nikon did to fix it.

A light leak from not closing the eye piece will affect any lens during a long exposure.

-- hide signature --

It's all over the Web. Just do a search on 'Nikkor 24-70 light leak' and you'll be flooded with information.

This has nothing to do with not closing the eyepiece shield during exposure. It's a very real occurrence and only becomes apparent in bright light falling on the lens barrel. I had this repaired by Nikon several years ago so I don't remember all the details. I read (at the time of my repair) that Nikon Asia had done a recall, but I can't remember all the details. I suggest you call Nikon and ask them directly.

soloryb

soloryb's gear list:soloryb's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow