System Switch - Have you done it?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
BellaBull8
Contributing MemberPosts: 839Gear list
Like?
Re: System Switch - Have you done it?
In reply to simoru, 7 months ago

So much helpful feedback here!

I've never sold on e-bay, so that would be new territory for sure. I'm wondering if I'll have too hard a time as a new seller with something high-ticket like camera gear.

Originally, I was going to switch to the 70D (lighter, the articulated LCD would be a HUGE benefit for me) as the IQ seemed the same as the 7D, but it appears it's more prone to noise at low ISO's especially in skies, so now I'm not sure.

I had intended to pair the 70D with my 17-55, 85mm, and maybe the 135 L with a 2x converter.

I was going to get the X-e2 with 23mm and possibly rent the 56mm and one of the longer zooms as a backup kit.

With the weather-sealed X-t1 out now, that has prompted me to look into a total system switch, plus the promise of the upcoming 16-55 2.8 and other high-end zooms coming from Fuji. They seem a very responsive company, eager to actually listen to their customers and fill the needs.

I expect I'll borrow/rent the Fuji's before selling everything off.

Printing big does matter for me - if I never went past 8x10 it would be neither here nor there for me. 16x20 and up is a must.

-- hide signature --

Don't assume. It makes an a** out of you and me.
www.molimogallery.com
www.facebook.com/molimophoto

BellaBull8's gear list:BellaBull8's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow