Switch from Windows to OSX? (mostly for Lightroom)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
turnstyle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,582
Like?
Switch from Windows to OSX? (mostly for Lightroom)
8 months ago

Hi all,

(I'm going to cross-post this to the "Mac Talk" forum, because it's really about both Mac and PC.)

I used Macs back in the early/mid '90s, then switched to Windows because it (at the time) had better database-driven Web servers. I only mention this to say that I'm neither a Mac nor PC flag-waver.

My current laptop, a Thinkpad, is having some hardware problems, and I'm thinking about switching to a retina MacBook Pro. I'd say that 95% of my time is spent in Lightroom or the web browser (I'm not a gamer).

I was first looking at Windows 8.1 ultrabooks with hi-dpi displays -- but it seems like hi-dpi is still kind of hit-or-miss in Windows.

So then I started considering switching back to Mac.

Just wondering if anybody has any opinions on retina MacBook vs. 8.1 hi-dpi touchscreen Windows 8.1, specifically regarding usability of Lightroom.

Thanks kindly -- and I don't mean to start some Windows vs. Mac flamewar -- just curious about the practical real-world difference of running Lightroom on either platform.

Thanks!  -Scott

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow