Is it time to call an attorney general about Nikon?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 14,271Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it time to call an attorney general about Nikon?
In reply to Art Jacks, 6 months ago

Without wishing to doubt the validly of anyone's claim about faulty goods etc human nature being as it is I very much doubt anyone would send an item in with the wording ' I just dropped this ' etc, it would be more like ' my ? has stopped working ' please fix it under warranty !  Having worked in retail for a while you become somewhat cynical when presented with a piece of equipment that is full of sand despite the owner claiming it has not been near a beach, I am sure Nikon/Canon etc have a archive of letters of explanation of similar  claimed ' manufacturing problems ' I am just trying to present a balanced viewpoint as to why manufacturers of any equipment are tightening up on what they consider a justified  warranty repair, they have seen all the user reasons many times and it must wear a little thin over the years.

I worked in bicycle shops before opening my own. I am well aware of the statement "I was just riding along when"
That's not what the OP is about.
Please reread the link. I attend many different Nikon boards. I have read many honest posts about people being denied warranty. I know I was cheated.

-- hide signature --

Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. --H.G. Wells

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow