Interesting article posted by Kirk Tuck...All the cameras are better than you are

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,075Gear list
Like?
Re: They are better, I'm not. What can I do?
In reply to Michael J Davis, 9 months ago

Michael J Davis wrote:

Interestingly, I have a reputation at our Photo Soc of producing 'sharp' photos, some of my G1 + 20mm f1.7 photos (at f1.7) being assumed by a visiting judge as 'full-frame'.

So last month I gave a short talk (mainly for new-comers) on '12 points to produce sharp photos'; nothing that would surprise anyone here, but all based on the premise that "sharpness cannot be added - only lost!"

When judging photos at other clubs, I'm often disappointed at the lack of quality presented to me - again either softness, or worse, 'over-sharpening'. (Of course, I'm judging mainly on composition and "what's the story this photo tells?").

So the real point is that the quality is there in every camera (and many camera phones) produced today, so the skill is learning to use it. In that I agree with KT's article.

Mike

-- hide signature --

Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 50 years
www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

The same with me.

-- hide signature --

Camera in bag tends to stay in bag...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow