Interesting article posted by Kirk Tuck...All the cameras are better than you are

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
amalric
Forum ProPosts: 10,809
Like?
Re: This is a gear site, what do you expect people to discuss?
In reply to sigala1, 7 months ago

sigala1 wrote:

amalric wrote:

Pixnat2 wrote:

Thanks for sharing, that's a good read.

I mostly agree with what he says about photography.

I notice that many influent Photographers and bloggers seems to converge to one point now : we have reached a sort of plateau of optical performance.

Differences in IQ between FF, APS-C and m4/3 are minimal, as are every "improvement" advertised on every new sensor.

So IQ war seems over. Now we can concentrate on Photography.

We, amateur photographers, will not need anymore to upgrade every year. Camera companies are in trouble

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Frederic
http://azurphoto.com/

Even more 'gear sites' like this, where people discuss impossible minutiae at day's length.

That's where you see the limits of Education. They won't be able to discuss Photography, because they have no History of it.

Some know more or less their genre, but that's it.

This is and has always been a site about discussing gear. That's why the sub-forums are organized by TYPE OF GEAR like Canon SLRs or Micro Four Thirds.

If you don't like this topic, LEAVE! Go to other online forums where they discuss the topics you'd rather discuss.

You are not the owner of the site, and clearly it was  people like you my post was referring to, so no wonder.

This place is still called Digital PHOTOGRAPHY Review, so one must assume that it was only vested COMMERCIAl pressure that turned it in a travesty of its title.

BTW I still own m4/3 matériel and I have residual interest in the stuff, so I peruse it for that purpose. I only object to be in such poor company as you.

Happily there are still better minds like Kirk Tuck that tend to say the simple truth for your discomfiture -  you are probably not worth the simplest camera. Let's say a P&S?

Am.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow