Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
IVN
IVN
Senior MemberPosts: 1,588Gear list
Like?
Re: There is no magical size/weight advantage
In reply to andrbar, 7 months ago

andrbar wrote:

I agree with what you wrote, maybe a 70-300 for the 1 series will be just a bit smaller than the same lens in FX format.

But that's not what most of us are interested in. We're speaking about equivalent focal lenghts.

Well, I'm getting the feeling that some people were not buying the FT1 + FX 70-300 because they were hoping that N1 70-300 will be much smaller. Same equivalent focal length here. N1 70-300 will not need the FT1 and will probably be lighter because of reasons described in my opening post, but that's it.

A 70-300 for 1 series will be much smaller than a 190 - 810, which is the equivalent in FX format.

There is no such FX lens, and if there were, it probably wouldn't have an f/10.8-15.12 aperture.

That's what is interesting. See the 30-110 : it's the smallest lens I know of which gives a 70-300 mm equivalent in FX format.

Again, f/10.26-15.12 aperture.

You know all that.

I'm not in birding, so I'm not really interested in 70-300 for my V1 (albeit I guess it would be fun to use).

On the contrary, I'm very interested in very small allround zooms, like the Pany 12-32, which gives a 24-64 equivalent focal reach in FX format.

I know some people here can't understand why some could be interested in such small lenses.

I can. I think such a lens would add much more to the lens lineup than the 11-27.5, which is redundant.

The answer is simple: I use my V1 for travel. I'm looking for the best image quality and convenience in the smallest package.

I can understand that.

Give me a V3, a very good an small 12-xx (even if it's a bit slow, say 3.5-5.6). And I couldn't be happier. I have the 18.5, the 30-110, and the FT1. What else would I need?

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow