canon sx50 vs Nikon P600 (new model)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
saycheese
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
Re: canon sx50 vs Nikon P600 (new model)
In reply to stevenic, 7 months ago

stevenic wrote:

saycheese wrote:

stevenic wrote:

Hi all,

I hope canon is taking note.

Cheers

Steve.

why?

Does it matter who makes what camera? I don't understand.

Hi Saycheese,

I just think the sx50 has been one of the best super zooms, and it may have some competition with some newer models from other brands. Canon may decide to do a new model to compete with the newer models coming out that's all.

Cheers

Steve.

Fair enough, I just find it a little perplexing to be honest, but then, I have no brand loyalty on any product. I don't care who makes the next best shiny thing as long as it is well designed and does the job.

After a year and a bit with this camera, a longer lens is way down the list of changes to the SX50 IMO. Basic ergonomics and some serious redesign of the chassis would be high on my list. Then some big software changes to get the camera to behave like a tool and not a toy.

Trouble is, many of the daft design flaws are shared by other brands, for example, the inability to swap batteries or memory without removing the camera from the tripod, the tripod screw not being in-line with the lens (who on Earth thought that would be ok?)

Julian

saycheese's gear list:saycheese's gear list
Olympus Stylus 790 SW Olympus C-5050 Zoom Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow