E-M10 / weatherproofing

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
PDavis
Regular MemberPosts: 454Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M10 / weatherproofing
In reply to paul2009, 6 months ago

The EM5 may be a couple of years old now but in terms of ability to produce images it's still very competitive with any other m43 body.  IBIS, sensor quality, AF performance and even the EVF are equal or better than the newer bodies.  The fact that it sports a tough build with weather sealing is the stand-out quality.  In that vein, the only competitor is the EM1 which, looking at used prices, is still roughly 2x more expensive and will not provide better RAW images (without getting really nit picky about the LPF which is debatable).  I own both right now and am selling the EM1 just based on that.  That being said, it's not an easy decision because the EM1 is more ergonomically pleasing.  If I were out shooting more I could totally justify the extra expense over the EM5.  Now, I don't enjoy shooting in the rain but I take my camera camping and hiking which exposes me to the elements.  I just feel better about having a camera setup designed to withstand a good unforeseen soaking.

So you might say - it's down to the E-M1 and E-M5, yet the E-M1is too expensive and prone to shutter-shock and the E-M5 has now to be considered old tech.

So it may be the long haul wait for the E-M5 to be updated. Or go Panasonic....

PDavis's gear list:PDavis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow