G6 vs newest sensors: Real difference in high ISO noize

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Grzzl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,874Gear list
Like?
Re: G6 vs newest sensors: Real difference in high ISO noize
In reply to Electriq, 9 months ago

I have a G5, it should be about the same. However, i have worked with quite a lote different camera's and i think the difference in noise is overrated. In real life there is a difference with for example a Nikon D4 (and quite a lot). In the smaller sensor sizes (aps and m43) there is no big difference, imho. I barely notice it when viewing a pic the normal way.

I refuse high iso's (800+) for a different reason. The colors are fading and are sometimes ugly, however there are made big steps in regard this, the last 5 years. The only problem would be sports in bad lightning (high shutterspeed required) which i don't do. I simply use a tripod for my pics.

I am a raw shooter and edit my pic's quite a lot, which induces strong noise. JPEG engines a reducing noise quit well nowadays.

So when you make more static pics most at the time, i wouldn't be bothered by it. If you are a pixel peeper and want the best of the best, then there is maybe a better cam on the market/

Grzzl's gear list:Grzzl's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow