Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ZenImage
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?
In reply to jm_mac, 6 months ago

Snydly wrote:

ZenImage wrote:

Snydly wrote:

ZenImage wrote:

Thank you, to all of you for your advice and for sharing your experiences. They have been super helpful with putting some things into perspective! In regards to visiting a camera store to test out different systems....uhh...well, Lakeland doesn't have any. Lol. Neither does Tampa. At least none that I am aware of, or that sell Pentax! (I still have yet to confirm whether or not Orlando has any) That has been my biggest road block; finding a retailer for Pentax...where I am currently living, if it's not Canon or Nikon, it isn't on the shelf. I have had to resort to tons and tons of online reviews and videos of the K-3 in order to piece together an idea of what it may be like.

*Hopefully I responded to this ok...I'm also new to forums, in general.

Best regards to all

-Jessica

ZenImage,

I live on the east coast of Florida and last I looked the only store in Orlando that carries high end camera equipment was Colonial Photo & Hobby, and they didn't carry Pentax. Southern Photo in Melbourne does now carry all Pentax bodies and at least a few lenses. It's a good place with very nice people. They told me to bring my lenses and an SD card to try out any camera. They said they have all the bodies in stock. It's a bit of a drive from Lakeland but may be worth it, if you haven't already made your decision. They have a website.

Last time I was in Lakeland I saw the Doobie Brothers at the LCC. Do they still put on concerts there?

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks A TON for the info on the camera stores. It really does break my heart that no one cares to carry Pentax. How are people supposed to make informed decisions about products when they're strategically kept out of the running? But I guess that IS the point. Oh well. I happen to be a stubborn consumer, lol. Melbourne is maybe 3 hr. drive from here, give or take. I 'm not sure what they've been up to currently. I have been out of touch with it since I became too old for Disney on ice, lol!...they always try to do a bunch of stuff though. But they hold the gun show, monster truck rally...I believe N'Sync performed there a couple of years ago, as well as the Russian Ballet. I think Engelbert Humperdinck popped up recently...They're all over the place. How long ago were you here? They've tried building it up and have added a Hyatt...

Probably last there around 1981. Many trips there from the small town north of Melbourne where I grew up. Good old days. Easy drive to and from. The things we used to do.

Southern Photo had a k-x a few years ago, testing the waters I think when Pentax started getting pretty good at digital. They abandoned Pentax after that. I went in from time to time and was pleasantly surprised they had an entire Pentax case, just like Canon, Nikon, Sigma, etc. Don't know if it will last but they went all out this time. There is a Ricoh building (small factory or office space I think) right down the street. I wonder if they had anything to do with Southern Photo's new interest in selling Pentax gear.

Keep us posted on your decisions. I think handling your gear before purchase is important as well.

Hey Bill!

Thanks again for the tip about Southern Photo! I actually did drive down there (yea, that place is awesome), and had a chance to check out the k5II as well as the K3 (they didn't have the 5IIs). I ended up going with the k3, it's a pretty amazing camera. And saying that doesn't really accurately convey just how great it is in all of it many ways. Lol. Yea, I'm in love. The only issue that I'm really having is with IQ; almost every picture (and so far, the one video) that I've taken has been noisy and fuzzy. I'm pretty positive that it's me, but as of yet, I have no idea where to begin with correcting it. A bit of a learning curve, but I do love a challenge. In any case, I'm having more fun shooting with this than I have with anything else. Hopefully I'll have some pictures up soon. Hope all is well! And again, thanks!

-Jessica

Congrats on the new camera, you've made a great choice! Although I don't own a k3, I will definitely get one when prices come down a bit. If you need some advice getting to know your camera, I would suggest opening a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the noise in this thread.

Thanks!! Yea, I was starting to notice that it was becoming more difficult to find specific converstaions in here. Lol. Thank you hopefully it comes down soon so that you can snag yours And that suggestion sounds wonderdul! Ill definately give it a try and see where it goes!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow