Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Electriq
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
G6 vs newest sensors: Real difference in high ISO noize
9 months ago

Hi there! I'm interesting in the real difference in noise at high ISO (3200, 6400) between Panasonic G6 and cameras with the last generation sensors (GX7, GH3, E-M1, etc.).

Most reviewers write that G6 is about 1 stop worse, so G6 ISO 3200 has the same noise as GX7 ISO 6400.

But I mentioned that DXOmark gives about the same 'low-light ISO': G6 639, GX7 718 (only 10% difference). And if we look at '18% SNR' plot, we will see that the measured ISO for latest sensor is significantly lower than specified, so I suppose the real exposure at the same ISO will be longer than with G6 and you need to further increase ISO.

So the question is for those who have used G6 and a camera with the latest sensor: Is the difference significant for you? Both JPEG and RAW answers are interesting.

http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GX7-versus-Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-G6-versus-Olympus-OM-D-E-M5___901_875_793

Electriq's gear list:Electriq's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow