A55 -> A65 upgrader – jpeg vs. RAW

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
EvilOne
Forum ProPosts: 13,574Gear list
Like?
Re: A55 -> A65 upgrader – jpeg vs. RAW
In reply to 21364guy, 9 months ago

21364guy wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to give jpeg at try to start with. I appreciate the idea of the lens corrections in-camera, as well as streamlining the post-processing a bit. And I'm just about to order Gary's book, though I wonder how long it will take me to read the whole thing– I know his books are very comprehensive...

here is the trick with Gary's books.

they are well written and vey easy to comprehend. Large text, well spaced and highly illustrated. Don't try reading all of it at once.. You may wind up reading it several times like I did,

here is a tip.

I think its 158 pages. Try reading 30 pages. then read the 30 pages again. with the camera at hand it should not take more than an hour. ON the second pass write down the page or pages that are not crystal clear. Many pages are easy to remember, and some are already knowledge that you already have.  Now the second hour you have to spend reading, try reading any pages you noted from those in the first 30 pages. write down any unclear pages again. Not the text just the page number.  when you are done you will have X amount of pages that were not clear. I had about 25.  I printed those pages on 4 X six index cards. I kept them with the camera until I was confident in ever facet of the cameras operation. it took me about 6 months to master the camera. It has a lot of very cool features and some that are not even identified in the manual. Gary does a great job pointing out tricks, set up, his personal settings and secret features.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow