Dear Canon, I'm not buying anymore DSLR Gear get on with the M

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
T3
T3
Forum ProPosts: 18,117
Like?
Re: you have a narrow-minded view of the benefits of compact size
In reply to T3, 9 months ago

Seriously, you need to calm down.  DSLRs aren't going away.  But let's face it, MILC's are a very promising development in camera technology.  It's like laptops vs tablets.  I used to carry around a laptop with me everywhere.  Then tablets came along.  And once I got my first iPad, I never wanted to carry my laptop again.  The iPad did most of what I needed.  And in a much lighter, slimmer package!  And as the iPad gets more and more powerful, there's less and less need for me to travel with a laptop anymore.  Many other consumers have realized this, too, which is why laptop sales are heavily in decline with tablet sales are exploding.

So I think of DSLRs as like being the "laptops" of the camera world, while MILCs are more like the "tablets" of the camera world.  One's bulky, while the other is slimmer and lighter.  Sure, a laptop can be a more powerful device, much like a DSLR can.  But for a lot of people, a tablet is all they need.  Especially when traveling, or going around town, or any other situation where you don't want to lug around a laptop...or DSLR.

I always have a tablet with me.  It's so light and unobtrusive, I hardly even notice I have it with me.   I feel the same way about my MILC.  It's always on me, and it's so light and unobtrusive I hardly notice I have it with me.  I can't say the same when when I'm carrying my DSLR.  Most people don't notice I have my MILC with me either.  Again, I can't say the same when I'm carrying my DSLR.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow