Is it time to call an attorney general about Nikon?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 13,560Gear list
Like?
Re: Is it time to call an attorney general about Nikon?
In reply to j_photo, 4 months ago

j_photo wrote:

I was being a bit flip, I admit. I don't know the OP. But I guess I don't quite see the point to the post. Doesn't the linked message say a used lens was dropped several times? Sounds like impact damage to me. And OP says the issue with his D3 has previously been discussed.

But, of course, the topic is a legitimate one. So I'll shut up now! No real offense intended.

No, the linked article was a longtime Nikon pro (who is a member of NPS) sent in a lens and had it repaired. He got it back and right away it didn't work right and he was told he would be charged AGAIN for impact damage, having never dropped the lens. he just took it out of the box. But if you do a search on this site, you will find dozens of instances where people sent in a camera for warranty repair and were charged for impact damage. It has happened enough that it seems to be a pattern of behavior on the part of Nikon.

SOME of it might be traced to poor packing. You cannot explain it all by that reasoning.

In my instance, I KNOW I never got my D3 wet. I had gotten my D2H bodies wet many times and never had trouble. In this case, the back glass over the LCD was fogging. I sent it in for warranty work and was told I got the camera wet and it was not covered. I was not the only one. Many people got that treatment from Nikon. Same thing with other complaints with other cameras. D800, D600 and some others. The owners were turned away and Nikon did not make it good. This is not right.

-- hide signature --

Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. --H.G. Wells

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow