Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,037Gear list
Like?
NYC Meet Up Thu Mar. 6 5:30pm - BYOB
4 months ago

With a Whimper and not a Bang, the first installment of a NYC m4/3 Meet Up is announced.

We'll meet at the Bethesda Fountain in Central Park (72nd St cross street from East or West sides) at 5:45pm.  We could be earlier, you could be later, that's fine.

It'll be RichardDD and I, and I'll erect a tripod next to us (in use or not) unless/until others appear and we become a more obvious 'group'.   The secret password is "micro Four Thirds" [Clever, no?].   I can be texted at bob.tullis@mac.com

After Richard and I get past, "What do you want to shoot?"  "[shrug] I dunno.  What do you want to shoot?", we'll just see where else the evening takes us (all?).

This isn't just about m4/3 users, but for us it's just a convenient way to start shooting with others we've conversed with on these Forums.   Anyone with any gear is welcome, but for now I'm just posting this on the 4/3 and m4/3 forums.    Admittedly, Central Park is somewhat local for some of us, and a good excuse to get out there this week at night.   Listening to the feedback on the notion , we'd try to accommodate various schedules, locations, and objectives voiced in due time.   But at the moment it's just a small step to kick things off this week.   We'll see how this thing evolves, or if it evolves at all.   No promises.  But we'd love to meet you - if that's not possible stay tuned for more announcements in the future.

Bring your own batteries [g].

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow