For GX7 users -- what do you like/not like

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
brentbrent
Contributing MemberPosts: 934Gear list
Like?
Re: Position of Play & Display buttons
In reply to uRebel Rob, 9 months ago

uRebel Rob wrote:

• My tripod quick release is too big, and blocks tilting the LCD. Which blocks opening the side ports cover, where I plug in my cable release, which I only use when I mount it on the tripod. So the hardest time to plug in the cable release when I need it the most.
  • Since the quick release is so big and blocks the tilting LCD feature, I can't leave it on like I do with my dSLR. So I can't constantly pop between handheld and tripod shooting. (I need to switch to the small Arca-Swiss ones, I guess. I'd rather buy a new lens than two new heads, though. )

I have a RRS quick release ballhead, and I use a small, square RRS plate on my GX7.  It happens that I can open the LCD in any orientation, but even if it didn't open when clamped from the front and back, I could rotate the ballhead so it clamps from the right and left and then slide the camera back enough that there wouldn't be any issue at all with opening the LCD.

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
#2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow