Interesting article posted by Kirk Tuck...All the cameras are better than you are

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,662Gear list
Like?
Re: It's not true
In reply to sigala1, 6 months ago

sigala1 wrote:

DaveLemi wrote:

This is well thought out and delves into what is sufficient-

http://ripecamera.blogspot.com/2014/03/all-cameras-are-better-than-you-are.html

Kirk's site-

http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com/2014/03/important-announcement-from-ceo-of.html

-- hide signature --

Some of my pics can be found here-
www.flickr.com/photos/davelemi

He makes fun of the supposed need or desire to be able to shoot available light photographs, but photographers were doing that with f/1.4 lenses and fast (albeit grainy) film decades before the introduction of digital cameras.

Yet when I first got an E-PM1 withi the kit lens, it was NOT good enough to take an available light photo in regular incandescent lighting. Uprgrading to an E-M5 and the Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 lens opened up a whole new world of photography.

I think you've misread his comments about available light shooting. He's noting that the new ability to shoot at ISO 3200 and higher has led some photographers to accept ugly available light rather than do the extra work of providing attractive light.

As a conference & meetings shooter, I do enjoy the ability to shoot without flash sometimes, in rooms where the light is diffuse and not directly overhead. But, at other times, I go back to using flash. Not because there isn't enough light, but because it's just godawful ugly.

-- hide signature --

jacquescornell.com

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow