ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FilmToDigital
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
X-T1 with 23mm 1.4, bad ergonomics
6 months ago

Has anyone used X-T1 with 23mm lens?

I really have a problem with the ergonomics. The lense is heavy! (heavy as new nikon 35mm 1.8 (full frame) and heavyer than 50mm 1.8. ) Also the body and the grip are way too small for this kind of lens. Also the 4 way buttons are very unconfortable to use. Shutter button is also way too back.

So basicly my hand is cramping with this combo. Cant really hold the camera with right hand.

With a left hand i can hold it from the lens. Then bring it to my eye and hold the camera for the time of the shot with my right hand. Everything else is pain.

Im suprised that the ergonomics have not been more of an issue when people review this camera.

Im considering a change to X-pro1. That one with hand grip and thumb grip should be better. X-T1 doesnt have proper thumb grip also. And it cannot be added like x-pro1.

My concernes are low light focusing with that x-pro1, anyone have experience on both cameras?

And i love the 23mm focal lenght and the 1.4 subject isolation capabilities and the iq of the lens in generally.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow