E-M10 / weatherproofing

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Steven Wandy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,923Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M10 / weatherproofing
In reply to paul2009, 9 months ago

paul2009 wrote:

OK, that does make sense. I wouldn't consider myself an all-weather photographer, that's for sure. I guess it's also down then to which camera has the superior IQ, EM5 or EM10. How much difference does the 3 vs 5 axis stabilisation mean anything significant?

Like Paul said - I don't plan on being out in the pouring rain and a slight mist/drizzle won't damage most modern cameras (within reason).

As far as the 3/5 axis - I had the EP5 and EM5 (5 axis) and now the EM10 (3 axis) and the two missing axises are horizontal and vertical shift. Not really important for stills - more so for video. And the camera does do digital stabilization for video to make up for the two "missing" axises.

I took this the first weekend I had the camera at my grandson's second birthday. Now granted it was with the 14-42IIR lens (not exactly a long lens) but was very impressed with the way the video came out.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203209509137444

Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow