Sony RX100 II or my Nikon Coolpix p7700?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nugget2014
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Sony RX100 II or my Nikon Coolpix p7700?
9 months ago

Hi all

i bought my nikon coolpix p7700 last may and been using it for primarily conerts (main reason why i bought it)

it's done me proud on some occasions (if not all)

but i was thinking about getting the sony RX100 II camera..i thought it would be big upgrade for concert use as it has a bigger 1" sensor, higher max ISO (if i use it..) higher digital zoom and better f1.8 aperture at wide angle.

on the subject of digital zoom..does the quality of digital zoom differ between each camera? as my nikon using max 4x digital is actually pretty good quality still.

for my past 4 concerts ive always had to zoom pretty much all the way and use my 7.1x optical (and sometimes even step into digital)

so which camera would be the best in this matter? i've heard the rx100 doesnt perform well in the audio department while recording (i do a lot of recording)

i need help to get my decision sorted soon my camera is on ebay as we speak

if i do get the sony rx100 II it'll be from eglobal (£429) cheapest around! heard it's legit site.

the second and third images of the closeup of taylor swift were at full zoom (4x digital too) and the image still look amazing!

the meerkat also 4x digital (not concert i know but still using digital with good image quality)

i appreciate any help/advice people can hopefully give me..i want the camera that i will be keeping for a long time! just want to know if the sony will do better..

i'm stumped searched for reviews, comparisons, pro's and cons..

Nikon Coolpix P7700 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow