Novice camera: Pentax MX-1 or Fuji X10 or Olympus XZ-2 or ?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GusGF
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Novice camera: Pentax MX-1 or Fuji X10 or Olympus XZ-2 or ?
5 months ago

I am a looking for input regarding the purchase of a second hand compact. Level of use will be occasional photography until I find my bearings, at this point I don't think it's wise to fork out for a new camera that I may end up not using that much. Basically I'm looking for maximum bang for buck. All these cameras seem to be going for roughly the same price on Ebay.

I really like the look of the retro cameras and I do believe the right camera can inspire someone to get out there and enjoy experimenting. I have had a Panasonic LX3, whilst a lovely camera I found the interface a turn off. So a camera where you can set it to manual without being buried in menus would be a priority. Manual features are important so the last thing I want is a P&S set to auto or an SLR type compact with complex menus that will surely put me off.

From what I've read the Pentax has a lovely, solid feel with that brass body and an intuitive menu system and a fast lens. The Fuji and Olympus I've read less on but they seem to be a lot more popular. The Fuji seems to have an odd shape but that VF is a definite plus. All 3 seem to be very solid cameras.

Advice appreciated

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X10 Pentax MX-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow