Interesting article posted by Kirk Tuck...All the cameras are better than you are

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 13,333Gear list
Like?
I think we all know it has nothing to do with education.
In reply to Guy Parsons, 9 months ago

The reasons for m4/3 adoption are clear, including portability, video capabilities, and the realization that most of us don't need full frame sensors and expensive white lenses.

His education comment may have been tongue-in-cheek. I just finished working for a decade at a university in Beijing, and am now studying the Korean education system. These two systems are designed to help students pass tests, not innovate. Most of my Chinese students (who all go to the US and UK to finish their bachelor's degrees and get master's degrees), just return to work in some bank because of family connections. In ten years, I've only had one student return with an idea of starting a business, but she is a woman which makes it almost impossible in the Chinese business culture. Even the Chinese government is worried about this situation (lack of innovation skills). As for Korea, it seems to be similar. Great TOEFL and GMAT scores, and a degree from a US university means you can find a "better" spouse...

Anyone complaining about the US education culture is probably doing it on an Apple or Windows computer, sitting on a Boeing plane, and checking his or her Facebook/Whatsapp account at the same time, and contemplating getting an MBA from an EU school...oh, wait...MBA from the EU...?

-- hide signature --

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow