How can you adjust jpeg compression in Olympus O-MD E-M1?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Strawberry Pie
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
How can you adjust jpeg compression in Olympus O-MD E-M1?
6 months ago

When I examine the jpeg output from the E-M1, I find too many compression artifacts for my tastes even at the L-SF setting. I cannot find a control for the compression other than the SF-F-N settings. Is there any other control for jpeg quality other than that, in the camera itself? Ideally, I would like to use the equivalent of 0% compression and 100% quality. I don't care about image size.

I know I can shoot raw and produce jpegs from that using external software, but the software I prefer to use (Apple Aperture) does not currently fully understand the Olympus raw file settings. (Yes, I could use Olympus' software to convert the raw to jpeg, but this would greatly increase time and complexity in the workflow.) Thus, I'm looking for a way to optimize the jpegs from the camera itself, if at all possible.

Thanks for any help.

Strawberry Pie's gear list:Strawberry Pie's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow