Just don't go looking for sensor dust (XT1)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LarsLeibgott
Regular MemberPosts: 264Gear list
Like?
Just don't go looking for sensor dust (XT1)
7 months ago

If you do, I have every faith you'll find some, and if you're anything like me, it will drive you up a wall. I'm now on my second XT1 - my first one had three large blobs trapped under the sensor; this one is much cleaner but still has a spec embedded in the right corner. I've wet cleaned and rocket blow-ed and all that good stuff, and the spots don't move, don't come off, don't ever change.

I'm keeping this one. I'm sick of being without my brand new camera that I paid $1300 + tax for because Fuji's quality control isn't up to par. It is an INCREDIBLE camera otherwise - the pictures are truly extraordinary. I should be able to shoot at F16, though, without issue, without having to clone out dust spots in post.

Nope. Such is life, I guess.

tl;dr - just don't go looking. You'll have a perfectly enjoyable few years with the camera if you don't.

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow