Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Auclair
Senior MemberPosts: 2,874Gear list
Like?
Perfect Photo Suite 8...
In reply to s_grins, 7 months ago

ios_grins wrote:

dbelling wrote:

I have never purchase photo editing software, but I would like to try it rather than using whatever comes free with a camera. I have a Mac computer, so what would work best with a Mac? I have read pros and cons for Apple's Aperture, Adobe's Lightroom 5 and Elements, but what works best with a Mac? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

David B

You also can try free software that did not come with camera. This one for instance

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/effects8free/

yes and if you get the free "licensed" module you qualify for the 'upgrade' price to the full Suite (8 modules).

-- hide signature --

Camera in bag tends to stay in bag...

I have the full  Perfect Photo Suite 8 and it's really great BUT...for squeezing the maximum best IQ possible from an image I will use DXO9 (and or LR5 which i hear is really good and might demo soon) first to do the RAW conversion THEN use Perfect Photo Suite 8.

Perfect Photo Suite 8's RAW conversions are absolutely plenty good enough for everyday use and non-critical use.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Auclair's gear list:Paul Auclair's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow