System Switch - Have you done it?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,685Gear list
Like?
Re: System Switch - Have you done it?
In reply to BellaBull8, 8 months ago

BellaBull8 wrote:

I'm in a quandary here, trying to decide to work on a dual system or just switch altogether.

Currently I have a Canon setup, using a 7D plus the 17-55 2.8 lens primarily, plus the 85mm 1.8. Have the 70-200 f4 L IS but that's going on the auction block as I rarely use it now anyway.

Here's my dilemma:

I am seriously considering switching to a setup with the xe-2 and xt-1 plus a couple primes and the premium zooms about to come out. The promise of a significantly lighter setup coupled with the IQ people are raving about from Fuji is making me drool.

Travel photography is my first love, and not being weighed down with 8 tons of gear when shooting crop sensor anyway would be LOVELY. And saving space in my carry-on? Oh yes.

No sports, birds, or kids in my shooting. Primarily city/landscape, food, detail, and portraiture.

Have any of you made a similar switch? I also do work with speedlights and Alien Bees strobes - anyone use those off camera with the X series?

Eager to hear back - and thanks ahead!

-- hide signature --

Don't assume. It makes an a** out of you and me.
www.molimogallery.com
www.facebook.com/molimophoto

I moved from sony alphas. Their bodies are small but it is deceiving, if you want just a notch better lens than the under-average plastic kit you are going to carry a heavy barrel, no escaping it.

What I liked on sonys was the first class focus speed/accuracy and the flawless video, but I seem to live without those on fuji just fine.

For truly travel photography I would suggest x100s though. It is so light that you can wear it like a necklace whole day and not even feel it.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow