Having trouble picking 2nd camera. Considering D800. Need advice.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
larrywilson
Senior MemberPosts: 3,120
Like?
Re: Having trouble picking 2nd camera. Considering D800. Need advice.
In reply to Fotoloco, 4 months ago

Here's my story.  I have had a d4 for over a year and a half and bought a d7100 several months ago to be used for traveling and lighter camera.

Well to make a long story short, when I went to Hawaii a couple months ago, guess what I took?  I took the d4 plus a Nikon 20mm, Zeiss 25mm, Nikon 50mm and Nikon 70-200 f4.0 lens.

You can't beat the d4 for your portrait work, just a better operational camera for quicker setting changes, less mp's for faster post processing and actually less post processing compared to the d800.

The d4 weight really doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would compared to the d7100!!!!

I would rent the d800 as I did before I decided to buy the d4 instead.  I do a lot of wildlife photography which requires some of the attributes that it has for this type of photography.

For personal use don't discount the d7100 because it is the best cropped sensor camera with an excellent af system and the 24 mp sensor's size is great.

Larry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow