Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jake64
Contributing MemberPosts: 615Gear list
Like?
A TV mount question
9 months ago

I want to make sure I am not missing something so I am asking for dpr member assistance.

I purchased an AVF CNL454-F TV mount. It specifies that it can hold TVs up to 47" and that weigh less than 88 lbs.

The mounting hardware that would be attached to the back of the TV can be arranged in a number of ways in the "VESA" standard. From 75 mm X 75 mm, 300mm X 400 mm and all the way to 400 mm X 400 mm.

Initially I thought I was limited to a 47 inch size because that's what the package on the mount says. But after looking at TVs, I am noticing that even 50"+ TVs and all the way up to 60",don't exceed the 400 mm X 400 mm standard.

Given that no LED TV weighs more than 88 lbs and since my mount is securely attached to a load bearing part of the wall, can I just go ahead and buy a bigger TV?

Jake64's gear list:Jake64's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow