Interesting article posted by Kirk Tuck...All the cameras are better than you are

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
jhinkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,343Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting article posted by Kirk Tuck...All the cameras are better than you are
In reply to DaveLemi, 6 months ago

Interesting read, though it is certainly only from his point of view.  He makes some sweeping statements and gets some things right while others he's off base in my opinion.

His overall point of cameras being good enough, though not valid for me personally, is true for many people I know that are casual shooters.

Cells phone sensors and images became good enough and the compact market has dried up.

APS-C based cameras became good enough and there is little incentive to switch (based on the casual Canon, Sony, and Nikon DX shooters that I know) to a new DSLR or to something like m43 (which I think Oly and Pany have not done nearly enough advertising here in the states to let most people know m43 even exists which has nothing to do with educational standards as the folks that I know who shoot APS-C DSLRs are certainly above average in eduction, affluence, etc.).

Consumers are both savvy and fickle at the same time.  Human nature is to both use what's good enough while at other times always strive for the best/latest - savvy and fickle for sure.

- J

jhinkey's gear list:jhinkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow