Would you sell Zeiss/Contax G MF lenses to buy AF Fuji primes?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
IslandTractor
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
Would you sell Zeiss/Contax G MF lenses to buy AF Fuji primes?
4 months ago

I just entered the world of Fuji X with a X-E1 plus 18-55 and 27.  One reason I bought the Fuji was to be able to use my Contax G lenses 21/35/45/90 and a Voigtlander 15.  Obviously those are all MF though the Voigtlander is essentially a zone focus anyway.  I have just barely been able to mount and shoot the lenses so far but am torn by the great lens sale Fuji is having on their AF primes.  I shoot mostly landscape and travel photos.  MF with the peak focusing seems to work well for me.

I have a hankering for a x100s and think there is a X-T1 or T2 in my future once I get rid of a bunch of Canon equipment.  I love the lighter weight (compared to Canon) and smaller size (for travel).

If you were in my shoes, would you sell off some or all of the Zeiss lenses to purchase Fuji equivalents?  I don't think I will sell the Voigtlander so the Fuji 14, though lovely, is not a big attraction.  From Ebay it appears the 21 is worth about $800, the 35 about 450, the 45 about 400 and the 90 about 325.

So, go whole hog into Fuji glass or keep the lovely Zeiss lenses?  What would you do?

IslandTractor's gear list:IslandTractor's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow