Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe LA
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
Olympus omd em5 no longer recognizes lenses
8 months ago

Several lenses no longer work with my om-d em-5.  I had sent it out for reapir to clean the sensor, and it was returned in what seemed like good condition.  Initially, I used my 17mm lens and it worked fine. But when I switched to the zoom lens that came with the camera, it showed only a blank screen (although the menu worked). Three other lenses produced the same result. But three others worked fine.  A call to the Oly repair number stumped the first tech, and he promised to have a higher ranking tech call back.

I tried to update the firmware, but apparently my camera is up to date since the repair service updated the camera as part of the service.

Any ideas?

Joe LA's gear list:Joe LA's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow