ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tee1000
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Shooting Video with X-E2 / What Fuji needs to fix
4 months ago

Hello there,

I wanted to share some X-E2 video shooting experience with you. First: Why shoot video with a X-E2? Because my main focus is in stills and I don't want a second device for recording video. And: The X-E2 is capable of really good video, but it is limited to nearly unusability due to obvious software issues.

Here is what makes the video function hard to use:

1. No exposure lock.
If you shoot video which should be more than a tiny holiday clip (which you can do with your smartphone), like using the great qualities of the Fujinon lenses or some nice old manual focus lenses, then you need exposure lock. A moving subject in front of a light source will ruin your video, if you can't lock exposure.

2. Live view through HDMI out.
This is necessary as the X-E2 has no tilt screen.

3. Focus peaking while recording.
Without focus peaking it is hard to check focus while manually operating the lens. Most videos (which are not simple holiday clips) are shot with manual focus. So I see this as quite important.

My main point is: Issue 1 and 3 could be quite simple to solve as these are functions, that already exist in stills mode and only need an opportunity to be activated while shooting. There even is the AE-L button, which simply has no use in video mode.

The X-E2 would be quite an interesting camera for photographers with video ambitions. The detail and color it renders is much more to my taste than a lot of the more advanced video slrs. 
So, please Fuji: Give us this update and make some people happy!

What do you think about X-E2's video capability?

Cheers,
Tobi

Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow