How are people getting on with the FLU card?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,919Gear list
Like?
Re: I was never one to go for the FLU shots! :) n/t
In reply to miles500, 5 months ago

Miles, I'm wondering if you've tried using the Flu Card and your tablet out in a rural setting where you KNOW you're away from ANY sort of local broadband traffic, with nothing, presumably, other than standard radio and TV signals, and maybe cell phone signals in the air waves?

If you do that, maybe just drive a few miles out into the country, I'd think it would at least give you a chance to try all the different variations and possibilities with your card and tablet without having to be concerned about OTHER possible outside interference. IF you're still having issues at that point, then you should be able to narrow it down to either the Flu Card just not working as advertised, or your Nexus not being able to make a good connection (I don't know how well that's worked with other things, like your home network), and so forth. Fewer variables, so to speak.

Of course I'm letting folks like YOU do all the "beta testing" of this thing for me. I don't have any tablets, and have been holding off on anything like that until I see how well the Flu Card works and what it works best with -- and whether it's worth it, as I don't have much use for a tablet, otherwise.

I hope you can get it up and running. I'd like for this to be a SUCCESS, so we DO have a wireless tethering solution for the K-3.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow